Monday, March 2, 2015

Painted Tins

Backstory:
This past Christmas, I got a couple types of tea that were wrapped in little tins. You know, the ones with Santa or penguins or snowmen. Since it's March and I have little need for Christmas decorations right now, I decided I'd make then into something I could use every day!

Original Pinterest Inspiration:
http://cynthiashaffer.typepad.com/blog/2010/12/painted-tins.html

Materials:
Tins (Christmas ones, old cookie or popcorn tins, etc.)
Spray Paint
Washi Tape/Other Decorations (optional)

Procedure:

1. Lay out your tins. I took the lids off of mine, but in hindsight, I strongly recommend keeping them on. They're really hard to get on and off with extra layers of paint between them.

2. Spray paint!

3. Let dry. I left mine for a few hours and they dried very nicely.

4. Decorate! I chose to do that with some washi tape, since I have ungodly amounts of the stuff. But you can use stickers, more paint, Sharpies, string, whatever you're feeling.

5. Put things in your pretty tins!

No comments:

Post a Comment