Thursday, June 20, 2013

Colored Mason Jars

Backstory:
My stepmom and I wanted to make candles in mason jars, but we thought it would be much more exciting if the mason jars were colorful! So I went about making a couple of them pretty!

Original Pinterest Inspiration:
http://www.nzgirl.co.nz/know/super-cute-super-easy-diy-seaglass-mason-jars-perfect-for-easter-too/

Materials:
Mason Jars (or really any glass jar you want to tint)
Elmer's Glue
Food Coloring

Procedure:

  1. Put the glue in a disposable container. I used a paper plate.
  2. Add the food coloring one drop at a time, mixing each time until the desired color is reached.
  3. Invert the mason jar.
  4. Paint the entire jar. Don't worry if it's a little streaky.
  5. Allow to dry.
  6. Remove any excess glue from the rim of the glass with nail polish remover.
  7. Fill or decorate to your heart's desire!
Conclusion:
Mine is a little drippy looking, and I'm not positive why that is. I may have layered the glue too thick or added too much food coloring... I don't really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment